Manuka Honey UMF 15+
Happy Valley UMF 15+ Manuka Honey. Jar size selected is 8.8oz or 250g.
The Manuka Honey UMF 15 + product selected is Happy Valley UMF 15+ Manuka Honey from New Zealand.
Quality Rating: Premium Manuka Honey UMF 15 +
Size: 8.8oz or 250g jar
Cheapest Place to Purchase: Amazon
Price: $39.79 (US) current as of 6 June 2017
Click here to purchase: Happy Valley UMF 15+ Manuka Honey, 250g (8.8oz)
Average Customer Rank: 4.3 out of 5 stars from 162 reviews (current as of 7 June 2017). Click here to read all reviews.
To learn more about the benefits of Manuka Honey, please click here.
Happy Valley was founded in 1975 by Ben & Dot Rawnsley. Originally located in Alfiston, South Auckland. The current base is located in Drury on the North Island of New Zealand. Happy Valley have positioned themselves as a company offering premium honey based Health and Wellbeing Products to customers.
Happy Valley honey range includes Manuka Honey, Rewarewa, Mono-floral and Multi-Floral varieties. The manuka honey that Happy Valley collect is from the species Leptospermum scoparium. (source: Happy Valley, 2017)
Happy Valley uses an extraction plant located in Waiuku, New Zealand which was upgraded in 2011 and is now a quality processing plant which far exceeds the current NZ Food and Safety Authority requirements. (Source, Happy Valley, 2017)
Video Author is: Campbell Tyson Chartered Accountants
Quality Assurance Guarantees:
Happy Valley Honey New Zealand have a consumer promise of “Our Honeybees – Your Health”. (source: Happy Valley, 2017)
Happy Valley also stand behind their products 100%.
Happy Valley are one of the few producers which offer a money back guarantee. (source: Happy Valley website, 2017)
The Happy Valley UMF 15+ Manuka Honey is a 8.8oz / 250g jar of raw honey that contains a minimum standard of UMF 15+ (they also quote MG 510+). It is a wonderful and natural source of plant phenols and is jam packed with the unique full flavour of manuka and the associated health benefits.
The UMF (Unique Manuka Factor) has been independently verified by a testing laboratory and is the measure of the unique levels of MG (methylglyoxal) and other unique chemical markers which are specific to the Leptospermum scoparium (Manuka Bush Plant). For a more detailed explanation of the manuka honey rating system explained, please click here.
UMF is the trademark of the Unique Manuka Factor Honey Association of New Zealand (UMFHA) and they set the international quality benchmark for this product.
I always feel better when I see that producers are part of this quality association.
Simply take a teaspoon of this Manuka Honey everyday as you would any standard honey product.
- You can eat it by the teaspoon straight into your mouth.
- You can mix it with hot water as a tea/ coffee substitute.
- You can mix it into your smoothies.
- You can mix it into your breakfast cereal.
- You can spread it on bread/ toast or crackers as a snack.
People also eat UMF 15+ Manuka Honey to help ease the discomfort that comes with:
- Digestion issues
- Sore throats and colds
- Low energy
- Treating wounds
- Helping to neutralize damaging free radicals
- Stimulation of good bacteria
- The company has been producing quality honey for over 40 years.
- Happy Valley beekeepers really care about their bees and bee health. This is a wonderful corporate ethos to have.
- The UMF 15+ rating (MG 510+) has been independently tested and verified in a laboratory, so consumers can shop with high level of confidence that they are buying a quality product.
- The UMF 15+ offers a very high level of plant based phenol. This is wonderful natural immunity boost for people, your bodies will thank you for taking it!!
- Happy Valley stand behind every one of their products with a product guarantee. This is wonderful for consumers as not every producer does this.
- In the raw manuka honey form it is easy to adapt a teaspoon of manuka honey into your current everyday lifestyle.
- Not for children under 12 months of age (ie not babies under 1 year old please)
- The honey is quite expensive compared to supermarket honey.
- The honey is slightly bitter. You will notice is more if you regularly consume supermarket honey or local raw “light” coloured and sweet flavoured honey from your local farmers market or local beekeeper.
- This is not the strongest strength honey. Some people just want “the best”. If this is you, then you will need to purchase either the UMF 18+ or the UMF 20+ Manuka honey.
Amazon Customer Reviews:
Customer review #1
By Tim on 27 December 2015 5 stars Happy Valley is one of the best
“Don’t be fooled by all the Manuka Honey knock offs listed at cheaper prices. “Active” means nothing, its a marketing tactic. Make sure the honey is UMF verified at 15+ and above. I did a lot of research on this. Check for yourself by doing a few Manuka Honey UMF google searches or go to the official New Zealand Honey Association’s site umf.org.nz for more info. They also list all the Apiaries in the association at are UMF verified. Happy Valley is one of them. Another good honey sold on Amazon is from Mossops. Happy Valley and Mossops as have Facebook pages. The honey delicious and we have experienced it’s medicinal benefits. Click here to read the review.
Customer review #2
By N_Kaur_Atl on March 1, 2016 5 stars
“The best thing on planet to relieve my daughter’s severely itchy eczema. I gave one teaspoon twice a day orally and also applied it to the itchy areas twice a day. It has worked like wonders. I am so glad I have found a non steroidal solution to relieve her itching. And we no longer have to give her the Children’s Zyrtec as well. It has helped improve her digestion and the throat irritation due to environmental allergies.” Click here to read the full review
Customer review #3
TapTrap12 on November 28, 2015 5 stars Impressed with Manuka 15+
“I was skeptical about this product but it’s praise all over the web & the reviews here on Amazon made me want to give it a try because I was getting a HSV-1 outbreak & had no free time to get to doctor. I used this topically on sore 3-4x/day as well as dissolved 1/2 to 1 tsp in my morning coffee & by the second day by body was responding positively. It cut what’s usually a week+ outbreak down to a few days & increased my energy during that time significantly (I have mild flu-like symptoms during an OB). I’ve also used it on dry, cracked skin & the cracks are gone in a couple days instead of a couple weeks with constant moisturizer application. I’m thoroughly impressed with this product & will keep it in my arsenal to help with cold/flu season, plus numerous other applications, too many to list.”
There is more to this review. To continue reading, please click here.
Final Thoughts on Manuka Honey UMF 15+:
I really like and admire companies who are prepared to stand behind their products so passionately. Happy Valley have been in the beekeeping and honey business for over 40 years and their quality standards are very high.
I like that they are a member of the UMF Honey Association of New Zealand and that all their products are sourced from New Zealand.
I really like the independent laboratory testing which helps consumers know with confidence that they are buying a quality product.
I really like this product.