Product Review – Kiwi Manuka, Manuka Honey and Propolis Candies UMF 15+
Product Review – Manuka Honey and Propolis Candies (throat lozengers).
Company Name: Kiwi Manuka (New Zealand)
Quality Rating: UMF 15+ To learn more about the Manuka Honey quality rating, please click here.
Size: 40 individually wrapped pieces in one bag (184 g bag in total)
Price: Please click here to see if it’s on special today – Kiwi Manuka – Manuka Honey and Propolis Lozenges – Lemon
To learn more about Manuka Honey, please click here.
To learn more about Propolis, please click here.
Kiwi Manuka is an award winning Manuka Honey specialty producer in New Zealand. They offer a range of Manuka Honey based products that focus on health and healing.
The company motto is “Our Heritage, Is Your Health”. This company philosophy of respect for the land and the environment shines through by their on-going respect for the principle of “kaitiakitanga” (the principle of guardianship over the natural environment) of the traditional Maori land owners.
They were recently voted the “Best Manuka Honey Health Brand 2016” at the Hong Kong Health Awards held late in 2016. This is a wonderful award to win, especially because this is a very tough international market. (source Kiwi Manuka, 2017)
It is considered a “Prebiotic” and is great for gut health.
They come as individually wrapped in a sterile, clear plastic wrapper. This is great for people “on the go” as they fit easily into your pocket / handbag.
Product / Company Warranty:
Yes, Kiwi Manuka offer a 7 day product defect warranty. For full details please click here to learn more.
This can be extended to 14 days via prior arrangement. Please click here to learn more about this and contact the company directly.
- Dissolve one candy slowly in your mouth.
- Repeat as required up to 6 times a day.
- Not for children under 4 years of age.
- Children from 4-8 years of age need to take as required (maximum of 3 candies per day), unless under the supervision of a healthcare practitioner.
- Please do not exceed the recommended daily intake.
- Not for people with a Propolis allergy.
- Storage: Store in a cool dry place out of reach of young children
- It tastes great! This honey and lemon combination tastes fabulous.
- It’s a serious “pick me up” for sore throats.
- UMF 15+ Manuka Honey is anti-bacterial.
Manuka Honey is considered a “Pre-biotic” and is great for improving your gut health.
- This product has a Unique Manuka Honey (UMF) rating of UMF 15+. This is very high and certainly higher than many competitor’s products in this product category. Customers can be assured that it is a quality product.
- This product carries the UMF trademark. This is the highest standard of Manuka Honey grading system available and is only given to companies with integrity and through quality practices. PLEASE do not be confused with the M / MG / MGO rating system which can be VERY confusing to customers.
- Because this product carries the UMFHA trademarked logo, customers can be satisfied that the Manuka Honey has been independently tested in a laboratory for quality assurances and strength of the specific chemical compounds that make Manuka Honey unique.
- This product also carried the Certified Manuka Originz, New Zealand. This trademark looks at the traceability and sustainability of authentic New Zealand products. Again, this second trademark can give consumers confidence that their product is authentic and of the highest quality. Click here to learn more.
- It carries a third trademark. It carries the Proudly New Zealand Made, Genuine Manuka trademark. This trademark can give consumers confidence that the product is 100% pure New Zealand produce. To learn more about this trademark, please click here.
- Warning: This is the big one everyone should read – Propolis may cause severe allergic reactions in some people. If you have a propolis allergy, then this product is NOT for you.
- Pregnant or Lactating women are advised to consult their health care practitioner before usage.
- This product contains sugar and glucose syrup (from corn). Diabetics need to pause before consuming this product.
- Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any nutritional information on these candies, as a result of this, Diabetics, people on a diet or people with very specific food issues (eg salt intake) need to minimize consumption of this product.
I like the fact that this company has a lot of trademarks and that they use sustainable harvesting methods to get their Manuka Honey. I like that the product is authentically from New Zealand. This company gives the appearance that they really care about their bees, plants and entire supply chain. I like that.
I like the product and thought it tasted great. I like that the level of Manuka is very high and that the company is fully licensed to produce this product.
For improvements, I think the packaging needs a Nutritional Table, but I understand that not all competitors in this space provide that.
I think it’s a great product and it will help a lot of people. I’m glad I had some in the pantry at home.