Product Review – Kiwi Manuka, New Zealand Manuka Honey Candies
Size: UMF 15+ which comes as 40 individually wrapped pieces in one box (184 g bag)
To check today’s price, please click here
I had a head cold at the time of reviewing this product, so for me, the timing was perfect.
About the Kiwi Manuka – Manuka Honey and Propolis Lozenges -Strawberry&Elderflower Contains UMF 15+ Manuka Honey
These throat Lozenges (candies) from Kiwi Manuka containing UMF 15+ Manuka Honey have been designed to give you the amazing health benefits of Manuka Honey in a portable tablet / candy form that you can take anywhere with you.
They contain high grade UMF 15+ Manuka Honey from a reputable manufacturer and offer a quality product for people to enjoy.
For more information regarding “What is Manuka Honey?”, please click here.
They are a quality product which comes with not one, but three Trademarks so that you know you are purchasing from a company with a great reputation.
The trademarks are:
Kiwi Manuka, New Zealand Manuka Honey Candies (throat lozenges) are really well suited for people who have a sore throat and want the health bursts that UMF 15+ Manuka Honey can give them. UMF 15+ is really one of the highest qualities of Manuka Honey you can buy off the shelf, higher ratings exists, such as 18+ or 20+ but they are super, super, super uncommon and very expensive.
Rather than travel around with a pocket loaded up with a jar full of gooey, sticky, raw honey and a spoon, now you can have a burst of high quality UMF 15+ Manuka Honey in your pocket, whenever you need it.
Each individual serving of the candies come individually wrapped in a sterile plastic wrap, so that your pocket will never have to be sticky every again!
Kiwi Manuka honey products are for people who care about the ethical harvesting of honey, as Kiwi Manuka really care about their bees and bee colony health.
Positives of this product:
- Great strawberry taste.
- All candies in the box come individually wrapped for ease of use and so they don’t stick inside your pockets.
- Very portable. You don’t have to be at your home kitchen or in your work kitchen. These candies are not the free flowing sticky substance that raw Manuka Honey is.
- The candies have a soft exterior and a hard interior. This is ideal for people who like to “chomp” a bit of the outside of the candy, yet the Manuka Honey is contained in the inside for the added benefits of slowly releasing into the body.
- The product is suitable for most of the family (not suitable for children under 4 years of age)
- This product is a gentle food grade health superfood. You can have upto six (6) candies per day.
- Honey has an amazing shelf life. I couldn’t even find the expiry date on the box that I was given.
Negatives of the product:
- The #1 negative is that some people have a serious Propolis allergy. If this is you or someone you love, then you need to know that this product contains 132mg for each candy. So, if you have a Propolis allergy, then this product is not for you.
- This product is not for children under 4 years of age at all.
- This product is recommended to be used in reduced quantities for children aged 4 – 8 years of age. The recommend dose for children is a maximum of three candies per day.
- This product needs to be stored in a place where small children cannot reach it easily.
- Pregnant or lactating women need to consult their health care provider before use.
- I could not find a nutrition table regarding this product. People like to know these things. Sorry, I cannot be of more assistance in this regard.
- The ingredients of these candies are: Sugar, Glucose Syrup (from corn), water, then UMF 15+ Manuka Honey 3.14g see photo’s for the others.
- This product is listed as a “candy” and the top ingredients are: Sugar and Glucose Syrup (from Corn). Diabetics need to pause before consuming. However diabetics need to do this before consuming all candies anyway.
What to expect when you use this at home:
- My first impression of tasting the product was really quite positive. I can’t find a nutritional table for this product, so I thought it was nice that they were smallish candies.
- The flavours were well balanced and tasted great.
- Also the candie is soft on the outside and hard at the centre. The two different textures were nice. It avoided any “same, same” feeling that you can get with some candies.
- The after taste when I finished this candies was still pleasant and I could taste other foods really quickly.
- It helped with my sore throat. I was glad I had them.