Product Review: Steens Manuka Honey UMF 15 (MGO 514) 8.8 Ounce
Size:8.8 Ounce / 250 g Jar of UMF 15+ (MGO 514) strength Manuka Honey
Price: $59.95 (US) Click here to check today’s price
Customer Rating: 4.6 out of 5 stars
Cheapest Place to Buy: Amazon
About the product: Steens Manuka Honey UMF 15 (MGO 514) 8.8 Ounce
Steens are offering Manuka Honey in the Raw, Cold Pressed, “unadulterated” state. This is very unusual in the industry and it’s what got me excited to know more about this product.
Unfortunately lots of honey (and yes, that often includes Manuka Honey) is heated. When honey is heated it damages some of the sensitive volatile beneficial healthy compounds found in honey, compared to honey sourced directly from the hive.
By leaving the Manuka Honey in the Raw, Cold Pressed state, Steens are able to maximise many of this beneficial compounds which would otherwise be lost forever. To learn more about these beneficial compounds found in raw honey, please click here.
Who is Steens Manuka Honey UMF 15 (MGO 514) 8.8 Ounce for:
The product is for people who really care about all the health benefits of Manuka Honey AND want the health benefits of raw, cold pressed honey at the same time.
The UMF 15+ rating is very high. This level is mostly considered “Medical Grade” and will be extremely beneficial for people who have a problem with something on their body at the moment and are really looking to get a boost from the Anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties of this honey.
Some specific examples that Steens like to talk about include supporting the digestive system and helping with respiratory health and wound healing. To learn more about some of the specific medical conditions that honey could help with, please click here.
Positives of this product:
- The main positives of this product are that Manuka Honey is a widely recognised superfood and is choc-full of anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial benefits for the body.
- By being one of the few Raw, Cold Pressed Manuka Honey’s on the market, Steens are one of the few producers that have left the beneficial positive compounds unique to raw honey undamaged in the jar. This way our bodies can have the full benefits of this wonderful honey, just as nature intended.
- The Steens Raw Manuka Honey contains “Bee Bread”. Bee Bread is full of Vitamin B and amino acids. To learn more about how honey is made and what bee bread is, please click here.
- Steens really care about their bees and beekeepers. This is great to see.
- The jar is only 8.8 oz /250 g so that it can travel well in the post.
- Steens offer “home to hive” traceability on their products. This is reassuring to consumer to know where their honey has come from.
- Manuka Honey has a really long shelf life. This is great if you are going away etc. The honey will still be in good condition when you return.
Fun Fact – Honey has been found in the Egyptian tombs and is 3000 years old AND considered “still eatable”. Wow, how amazing is that. Click here to learn more.
Negatives of this product:
- The #1 negative is that some people have a serious Propolis allergy. If this is you or someone you love, then you need to know that this product (being raw honey) is not for you.
- All forms of raw honey are not for children under 12 months (1 year) of age.
- Being quality Manuka Honey, this product is fairly expensive when compared with Supermarket honey.
- The product is in the classic free flowing “sticky” form that we all know so well. If you have a cold/flu it would be nicer to have it in a “travel pack” blister pack, just for ease of storage and movement from work/ home.
What to expect when you use this product at home:
- The product tastes a little stronger than standard Supermarket honey. I personally really like the taste and so do lots of other people.
- The product is also “thicker” than standard honey, so it will cling to your spoon / knife more that Supermarket honey would.
- This product comes in a standard size of 8.8 oz or 250g. This makes it easy to store in the pantry or cupboard.
- The Raw Manuka Honey is in the classic free flowing “sticky” form that we all know so well.
- The product is super easy to add to your breakfast, cheese, smoothies etc It really is super versatile.
Comments from Customer Reviews:
Customer Review #1
By DirtDivaon March 26, 2017
Did what I bought it for!
I am definitely purchasing this again. Not only is it the best tasting Manuka Honey I’ve had, it did more then any of the others. I’ve tried several brands and rating systems, but I was intrigued with this very transparent company on their beekeeping habits and that I could trace the batch. The honey comes in a #2 pliable plastic container. I was very happy about how easy it was to decant the honey with a knife into a glass jar. The label peeled off uniformly in one long piece, which then applied to the glass jar. Perfect. This honey is a beautiful, amber color and hard to stay away from. I did buy it for a strange rash (hives) on my shoulder, itchy and not responding to essential oils, drying remedies, hydrogen peroxide, etc. I dipped a tiny cosmetic spatula into the honey and smeared it on the spots. They are nearly gone after one week, the itch is gone and they are flattening out. I’m impressed. Company responded to my question about longevity of the product very quickly. Apparently, honey cannot be shipped in glass from New Zealand if you are wondering. This is worth the price.
Customer Review #2
By ANG December 30, 2016 4.0 out of 5 Stars
I love to add to it my tea for its sweet …
I was unsure what would make this honey worth the price tag but after trying it I can see why the price. It is different than any type of honey I have tried, definitely not your local grocery store honey. I love to add to it my tea for its sweet taste. It gives my tea a different taste that I have never had with local honey. I also love that you can trace where your honey came from. I think that is kind of fun. I look forward to discovering new ways to use this honey.
Customer Review #3
By Brett E February 26, 2017 5.0 out of 5 Stars
Real Deal Manuka
Tastes great, nice consistency and helps with healing imo. I try to avoid using antibiotics wherever possible. Had an inflamed scrape on my elbow and put this on at my physicians suggestion. Inflammation went away in <24 hours and is healing nicely.
Bought some Manuka Honey from Trader Joe’s and Whole Foods. The more I read up on their brands, the more I realized they are not the 100% real deal which is why I purchased Steens.
Ran into a shipping issue. Vendor was super responsive, asked for batch/lot # and shipped a replacement product the day after I reported the problem. Refreshing to see a vendor stand behind their product. As someone that works in healthcare, it’s reassuring to see they include batch/lot #s on the jar.
To read more reviews, please click here:
If you have any comments, suggestions or helpful hints, please feel free to add them in the links below.